Images below were my first draft ideas and outlines.
The single word images of 'beat' and 'pump' created very repetitive linear patterns, with 'pump' looking worse due to it ending and beginning with 'p' which made it less visually engaging. I did like both the 'x' and sentence pieces as they both created engaging work in different ways. The 'x' piece from a distance begins to blur and just become grey and as you stare longer at it, the contrast between the black and white starts to create a slight trick on the eyes and you begin to see colours. the letter X is also very powerful as it comes with many different associations from the viewer, wether being interpreted as meaning to stop, a cross marking either death and/or religion, kisses, too multiply, or the negative connotations that are associated with a 'x' such as failure. The other image was created by finding a collection of diseases that can affect the heart and having them typed out behind the outline, creating a piece that at first seems more random but as you read further you can piece together fractured sentences, reading the symptoms of such diseases making you feel uncomfortable, which can be important as over 1/4 of deaths annually worldwide are from heart disease. However doing a very large scale piece with this many words typed out on a typewriter would take an immense amount of time that i feel in comparison with the relative ease of repeating one character may not be as strong.
The scale of the image was important to me as I wanted the size of an image achieved with a typewriter to be impressive, so i decided to create my first test print piece done on the computer to be done A0 (841 x 1189).
Included is an image of all the components that were printed.
The image was clear enough but i had failed to realise that the printer leaves nearly a 1cm blank border surrounding an image, which meant some parts were missing and didn't quite link up perfectly, as well as the presentation leaving it looking quite rough as i just used masking tape that i double sided. It also felt slightly underwhelming in size so i decided to double it too nearer 2A0 (1189 x 1682) in size using a4 sheets. Too prevent parts rom being missed I made sure to print slightly more than I needed meaning i will use 36 sheets of A4 for the final image.
Print plan depicted below.